Been a Long Time Coming

My first novel is finally done. It's in print. It's in e-book form. It's on Amazon. After all the zillion times proofing it and pouring over every comma and quotation mark, IT IS DONE.

Decided to self-publish this first one. Had a few nibbles from big publishers and a couple of not very attractive offers from small publishers. Decided to give it a shot on my own, partially because I'm a bit of a control freak. I have it written exactly the way I want it. I have the cover and interior designed and laid out exactly the way I want it. I proud of it and don't want someone else telling me to change a thing. If it sells a million copies or ten, it is the book I wanted to create.  Of course, this means I have to do all my own promotions or hire a PR firm to do some of it. We'll see about that. I want to see what word of mouth does first, and if I win a few contests that might boost its profile.

Been gettng early four and five-star reviews from a close circle of friends and beta readers. I like it. I give it four and a half stars, mainly because my next novel is even better and not far from being done.

I'm trying to be realistic and not expecting too much at first. After all those years banging my head against doors in the film biz, trying to break in to that club, I've been burned just too many times. But I know this is good. 

What I don't know is if I can get anyone else to notice?

Comments

Popular Posts