Movies

Last post was my book list. As I spent over 15 years in film production, here's my top ten movie list!


1. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
  (the original, of course; "Violet! You're turning violet, Violet!")
2. Goodfellas
 (Scorsese's masterpiece)
3. Betty Blue
 (the joyous original theatrical version; NOT the director's cut which is a nightmare)
4. The Year of Living Dangerously
 (young, and good acting Mel Gibson; young and hot Sigourney Weaver; exotic, mesmerizing political thriller)
5. The Elephant Man
 ( I cry every  time I see this; email me and I'll tell you my John Hurt story)

6. The 400 Blows
 (the best of the French New Wave; a coming of age tale beyond all others)
7. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
 (my favorite Spielberg; the old school practical special effects blow away all this modern cheesy CGI junk)
8. The French Connection
 (best cop movie; best car chase; Gene Hackman is a god)
9. Cinema Paradiso
 (so awesome, so sweet, a love letter to movies and to being young)
10. Meet the Parents
 ( i never laughed so hard in a theater as i did the first time I saw this; gets funnier each time I see it)

Comments

Popular Posts