To poli, or not poli...

Ah that is the question: to politic, or not to politic. 

Tough call. I certainly have very strong opinions about what is happening in this country of ours, as I did during the election. Half of me is sick of it all, tired of reading about, seeing it, hearing all the shouting; the other half doesn't want to keep silent. I recently suspended many of my social media accounts such as Facebook, for several reasons. Needed a break, a timeout. Tired of constant catfish scams, and IM spam, but the election wore me out, wore a lot of us out. The vitriol was overwhelming, and I admit I was a primary instigator. I kept declaring I would stay clear of politics. I got tired of seeing those news feeds of friends and "friends" (people I can barely call such) ranting and raving, spreading the latest clickbait, and I didn't want to jump in, I wanted a respite,  some cute cat memes or some such drivel, but again I couldn't keep my big mouth shut, and got into quite a few virtual shouting matches.

This whole blogging thing is still a bit new to me, and still not sure how I want to use it. Its not the same as when I used to keep a journal back in the 20th century. These are not my free, uncensored thoughts. Maybe it should be, but that might get me into real trouble. So instead lets be honest about what this really is: this is actually a bit of business, a bit of self-promotion for the early days of the "Rush Leaming: Writer" brand. 

And so the question remains: should this be a politics-free zone? A tiny oasis? A place to get away from all the ugliness swirling around us?

 Or should I reflect upon it? Comment on it? Speak my f*%##ng mind?

Not sure yet.

Comments

Popular Posts